Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Printing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksanim

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
US
I'm trying to print a report baed on Goldmine tables. When I try to preview or print certain reports, the CPU usage in the Windows Task Manager jumps from 4% to 100% and Crystal Reports freezes. I'm running Crystal v.9 on Windows XP. Can anyone diagnose this problem?

Are you using an ODBC connection to the goldmine tables or are you going directly to the .dbf files?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I'm connecting directly to the tables.

I realized the problem was really that a lot of records were being read. It was just running very slow.

Do you want to see all the records in the database or just a subset? Are the Goldmine tables indexed? If so you could improve your report performance considerably with a good receord selection formula.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back