Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report hot keys / shortcut keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

excalibr

MIS
Oct 8, 2003
AU
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to assign hot/shortcut keys to some of the more commonly used Crystal functions, eg. Insert Field Object, Select Expert just to name a few?

Thanks, Excalibur

Which version? I don't think Crystal 8.5 has it.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Does 9.0 have it then? Short cuts would make things so much quicker. Like "Edit Record Formula", so I can stop using the mouse so much. So if anyone knows I'd be interested. Thanks. :)

ss26

9.0 is much more user friendly from a report writing stance. Not only is there a repository for storing frequently used images, etc. that you can recall in a formula (so if you edit once, it will update each report that uses it) but the field and report explorer can be opened as secondary windows so everything's displayed all at once. No more clicking insert-->field object-->etc. just to add a formula or field since it's right there on your screen. It's definitely worth the upgrade for a report writer. Only drawback is that once a report is written/saved in 9.x format, you can't open it from previous versions.

Hi all,

If I'm implementing a table/grid of data using horizontal and vertical lines (boxes sometimes don't line up properly), and the vertical lines keep over-extending when there's more than 1 page of data, how do I stop it? eg.

-------------------
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| abc | def | xxx |
|-----|-----|-----|
| | | | <---- how can i remove these?

The vertical lines spans Group 1 Header, Group2 Header (suppressed), Details (suppressed), Group2 Footer, Group1 Footer.

Thanks, Excalibur

At first glance it looks just right for a crosstab.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back