Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Flashes up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrendan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
GB
Hi All,

This one is killing me!. I have a crystal report v8.01 that is linked to sql2000 server. This is an existing report, that I have modified to suit.

What it basically is is a customer statement, but I have added a new field to the table to hold a customer po number also.

The strange thing is.
When I run the report without adding the new customer po number( but refresh the database conn to now show the new field added to the table) it works fine.

BUT, when I add the new line to the detail of the statement, and run the report after being saved it just flashed up for a split second and disappears!!!. With no data!!!!! Arggggggghh :)

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
brendan

Try adding the field and then, before running the report, go to DATABASE|VERIFY DATABASE. Do you get an error or a notification that the database has changed? Normally that type of behaviour indicates that the report can't find the database.

h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back