Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal Report 8.5 & VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcProgrammer

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
PR
I have a VB6 application using a Crystal report control (CryStl32.ocx). When I try to use the Package and Deployment wizard, it indicates that CRYSTL32.OCX doesn't have a dependency file. After pressing OK, I add the file in the 'PACKAGE AND DEPLOYMENT WIZARD - INCLUDED FILES' but after this, it ends abruptly without generating any message.

The package folder was empty.

If I Uncheck the crystl32.dll, the process ends without any further problems. But when I try to install in the end user pc, the report doesn't display.

Crystal comes with a thing called report distribution expert. This will produce, amongst other things a long list of Crystal dll's. Use that for the pdw. I ended up including around 70 files. Make sure they end up in the right place. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

OK. Under what option in Crystal Report do I find this Wizard.

I try the help utility but it doesn't display anything similar.

Upps! I forgot to thank you for trying to help.

menu Report, the Report Distribution Expert. Don't know if it is every version Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

I search in crystal report site and it was a download file that I have to install.

After the installation and running the file, it indicates that two dll were not found. MSPDOX40.DLL and MSXBSE40.DLL, I check my hard disk and this files doesn't exist. I also generate a search for this files under cystal report site and the result was 0 files.

Do you know anything about this two files. I try creating a simple report, it only display the employee name, but it keeps indicating that this two files are missing.

I Have Designed the Crystal Report ,But When i m trying to Pass Parameter Using Visual Basic Im not able to do that
txFormula = "{Employees.LastName} = 'King'"
CrystalReport1.ReplaceSelectionFormula txtFormula
How can I define the Selection criteria..?

i need basic knowladge of crystal report an dit use and simple aaplication in visual basic .

Hi All,

I have develop an application in Visual basic.I am using the crystal reports in visual basic.i made a setup to install this application to any other machine.i am registering crystl32.ocx control for using the crystal reports in my application .when i register it it gives the error
"error 339:Component "Crystl32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid".What's the problem,If any one have an idea,please reply i shall be gratethankfull to you.]

from
kashif

The problem is that crystl32.ocx is the linking library that connects all the other required ocx's and dll together. it will not register if it does not have these required files :

CRYSTL32.OCX
CRPE32.DLL
CRPAIG32.DLL
CRXLAT32.DLL
U2DDISK.DLL
U2FDIF.DLL
U2FREC.DLL
U2FSEPV.DLL
U2FTEXT.DLL
P2BDAO.DLL
P2CTDAO.DLL
P2IRDAO.DLL
P2SODBC.DLL
P2BBND.DLL
IMPLODE.DLL

Also do this ->

{Goto support for crystal reports and download the dependancy walker depends20.zip

run this on the machine that you app is reporting the error and point the walker to crystl32.ocx it will then tell you which dependancy files are missing. Remember some of theses may be system files so be sure of what you are adding to your distribution...It will display the missing dll or the dependency files required

I got the above information from
Anu:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back