Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 10 shuts down when click to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzavad

Programmer
Apr 17, 2000
US
HI,
I have straight forward report which worked fine until I was asked to add a logic which calculates $ total amount. Our Financial Table have around 320+fields that I have to use for this formula.
Formula Example:
{financials.AllT_MGH}+
{financials.AllT_MHF}+
{financials.AllT_MHLB}+
{financials.AllT_MHLBRHC}+
{financials.AllT_MIA}+
{financials.AllT_MMC}+
{financials.AllT_MMO}+
{financials.AllT_MMO_PhII}+
{financials.AllT_MOTP}+
{financials.AllT_MPHF}+
{financials.AllT_MPHS_MHC}+
..etc
When I add more than approximately half of the fields and then run the report. Report Crystal 10 App shuts down without any errors. However, report will run just with half of the fields in the formula.
I also split the formula in two, thinking that this will solve the issue....Unsuccessful

Is there a limit on how many fields single report can have?
or something else?

Hi,
Yes,A Concatenated string cannot exceed , I believe, 255 characters.

May I ask why you are combining them into 1 long string?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

It's not a concatenation of the text fields. It's money/number field and I am adding values from each field together. NY subregions ?

Thank you

Hi,
I missed the part about the Money fields..Sorry.
There is no real limit on the # of fields in a report ( although there may be a theoretical one)

Have you checked each field to insure it is a valid numeric field and that it is not NULL?

Does it fail when you add a particular field or when adding any field after a certain number have been added?

Any info in the Event Viewer about the shutdown?

[profile]

I am testing it now. Will let you know my findings .
Thanks

HI,
I have run some tests and data looks good , so I don't think it's a specific field or record issue. It looks like it fails when I use around 180 fields from Financial Table in the report.
Maybe it has to do with the MySQL ODBC driver?
I checked Event Log AND I GET THIS MESAGE:
Faulting application crw32.exe, version 10.0.5.1506, faulting module myodbc5.dll, version 5.1.5.0, fault address 0x0001b720.

Any suggestions?

Hi,
It does look like it is ODBC related - Does that driver have a Cache size setting ? If so, it may need adjusting to restrict how much memory is used to cache the returned data.

BTW,The current version of that driver is here

It might help to update.

[profile]

I updated the driver and got the same issue. Not sure if this driver have Cache adjustment (cant find it)

I am still testing it. But I think I solved the issue. I downgraded the odbc driver to 3.51.15 and report worked fine.
Now the question is what is different between 5.1 driver and 3.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back