Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - 1 record, graph with a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWalker1028

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2012
US
Hello!

I have the following problem. We have 4 formula fields that are being calculated based on having 1 record of data. The data looks like this:

EmployeeName Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 Formula1 Formula2 Formula3 Formula4

So using the formula fields, I would like to create a stacked bar graph that has 2 bars. One that contains Formula1 and Formula2, and one that contains Formula3 and Formula4.

The issue is that I have nothing to group on, since we only have 1 record of data.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

DW

Insert a group on the employee name and place the chart in the group. Use employee name as the 'on change of' field and use maximums on the field values.

-LB

I'm confused. I should add all 4 Formulas into the 'Show Values' section, and take the Maximum of those?

When I try this, I still get one bar with all 4 values stacked...

Sorry I didn't notice that you wanted stacking of subsets in the row. This doesn't really make sense to me. Can you explain what the values in the row refer to? It might be easier to figure this out if we understand the concept of what is being compared.

-LB

Sure!

We are dealing with retirement options, and are showing a graph that displays the difference in someone's pay, their estimated retirement income from a plan in today's money, and their estimated retirement income from the plan in future dollars (at time of retirement). Still with me?

We want the following:

In Bar #1
Formula 1 -> Estimated Amount of income from retirement plan in today's dollars
Formula 2 -> Estimated Difference between income and Formula 1 result

In Bar #2
Formula 3 -> Estimated Amount of income from retirement plan in future dollars (could be 20-30 years from now...)
Formula 4 -> Estimated Difference between income and Formula 3 result

What we should end up with is 2 bars that are the exact same height, but shows the negative effect of inflation/buying power in someone's retirement savings.

Hopefully that clears things up!

I had the same problem. Maybe this will help. I manually added the graph that I wanted via Insert OLE Object. I chose to use microsoft excel. You can then add the graph on the report where you want it. You will see gas or food and some values (that is generic). You can then go over to the excel table (you may have to switch the bottom tabs). You will then be able to manually add your titles and values. The item on the crystal report will show the page that you have showing in the excel program. You can exit the excel sheet once you have the information desired. It will embed the information on your crystal report.

I haven't looked for another solution yet, but that worked for me temporarily. I eventually would like to figure out a way that will automatically refresh, but I don't have that solution just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back