Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Query Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavanKumarU

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hi,
We are using asp, RDC to view, export reports via web. I have the following issues *only* when the reports are using crystal query instead of a stored procedure or table links.

Issue:
The report login fails when I use the following code. The same code works fine when the report uses stored procedures. Not able to find a work around either and no info on this (except for some *known issues* with database links on crystal site, as usual!!)

if not Session("oRpt").Database.tables.count=0 then

for ntablecount=1 to Session("oRpt").Database.tables.count
Session("oRpt").Database.tables(nTableCount).ConnectionProperties("dsn") =lsdsn
Session("oRpt").Database.tables(nTableCount).ConnectionProperties("DataBase")=lsdb
Session("oRpt").Database.tables(nTableCount).ConnectionProperties("User Id")=lsdbId
Session("oRpt").Database.tables(nTableCount).ConnectionProperties("Password")=lspwd
next
End if

I hope i am clear abt the problem. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Pavan

hello k,
Thanks for replying. I have checked out the document specified in the article you mentioned and also another doc (for older reports) thats called "cr_rdc_dbconnectivity.pdf", but neither of the reports mentioned anything about logging into the query or even using query.
Do you have further info about it please?
Any info is much much appreciated.
To elaborate on my problem:
1)How do i know at runtime that the report is using crystal query and not anything else?
One way i could think of isto get the table name which shows as "Query" whenever it uses a crystal query as its data source. Even if i overcome this issue further:

2) How can i "login" to this query? Do i really login to this query or would i login to the database, but pass the login info to query, and query inturn would pass the sql and this login info to the database? I am confused!! Hope u I didnt confuse you too!!

3)What kind of dataconnection would this be? i.e is it a native, odbc or oledb?

Thanks again for ur inputs. Highly appreciate them.
Thanks
Pavan

Hello K,
Thanks again for a promt reply.
I am sorry for not mentioning the version. We are using Crystal Reports 9, standard.
About the issues, I have read the article you mentioned. Crystal report suggests the usage of a stored proc, active data etc in this article but really doenst provide any info on how actually to login to the query. I am frustrated with crystal.
Please lemme know if you have any code on this.
Thanks
Pavan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back