Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Parameters and SQL Stored Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueharted

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Is it possible to pass text related to a variable in a stored procedure to the resulting parameter's "prompting text" in a Crystal report? The parameter in the Crystal report is grayed out except for the prompting text field, but when you enter something in it, save, close then reopen the report it doesn't keep it.

I have a stored procedure that passes two variables @from_date and @days to my Crystal report (as parameter fields). The parameters in Crystal {?@from_date} and {?@days} need prompting text but trying to add it in Crystal isn't working.

Are you calling the sp from the command line? If so, add the parameter through there. Otherwise have your dba enter a prompting text on the sp end.

Thanks so much!
satinsilhouette

The stored procedure is the table in my Crystal report.

I created the stored procedure. I am very new at creating stored procedures which is why I am asking how to enter it on the stored procedure side. What is the syntax? Where does it go?

Thanks.

You can't enter it on the SP side.

Please remember to post your software version.

You state "need prompting text but trying to add it in Crystal isn't working.", but it does work, but of course it depends on the software being used, you houldn't expect reasonable solutions without posting basic technical information.

Use the set default values in less than CR XI, or the Add Item in CR XI.

-k

I'm using Crystal 10 and SQL Server 2000. If it works to add it on the Crystal side when the parameter is being created and passed by the stored proceedure in SQL Server 2000, then why does the text I type in the Prompting Text box of the Crystal parameter keep disappearing whenever I click OK, save the report, close Crystal then reopen the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back