Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal keeps stopping IIS Web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveB

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
EU
Hi,
Can anyone help me solve this please. I am running reports via asp. Everything seems to work fine and the report is displayed. However, if I then hit 'return', as if to call the page again, this stops the IIS Web Service and I have to restart it. There is a page called Cleanup.asp supplied by Crystal, I'm wondering if this might be involved in the problem. Any ideas?
Thanks.

The Cleanup.asp page is used to reclaim your concurrent user access licenses. Not sure what is causing your IIS problems.

Thanks. I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere. I've just run my report through ReCrystalize Pro (which I just downloaded the demo of) and the resulting asp page seems to call the report perfectly ok over and over without affecting the web server. (phew!)

CliveB,

I am having the same issue where it seems the cleanup.asp is crashing IIS. It happens to frequently for me to believe it's something else. Can you tell me if there was something else you did besides use this reCrystalize Pro product to fix your problem? Also, what is reCrystalize Pro?

Thanks,
Byron

Hi Byron,

ReCrystallize Pro is a third party wizard which generates asp pages etc. that call specific Crystal reports that you have created. I had a problem that I needed to get fixed pretty quickly and this seemed to solve it. I can't remember specifically what I learned right now but, you can download the product for a free trial anyway. This way you can look through the code to see what it does. I think it's a great tool and it got me out of a jam fast. Here's the link,
Good luck
Clive

Clive,
Thank you for the help and the quick response.
-Byron

Could someone please tell me if there is a reason for the above. My asp app keeps crashing the web service after the session expires. Does anybody know why this is. People open up a report and leave the report open. As soon as the session expires it stops the iis service. This is in production so other people cannot access the app once the web service stops. Any ideas. Using crystal report 9 in this instance with asp code around it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back