Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Graph bizarre behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpurcel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
I am trying to create a Crystal Report with multiple graphs. I use Crystal Developer Version 14.0.2.364RTM on a desktop running Windows 7. I intend to put 6 graphs on this report, 2 to a page. Each graph has it's own SQL query. None of the queries are linked to each other.

I put graph 1 in the header section of the report and it works properly,showing the proper values. Then I "add section below" to get Report Header B, plug the first of those two graphs in, and now the fun begins. When I go back and look at Graph 1 on page 1, all the displayed values in the graph have changed. They have all increased. If I delete the second graph, the numbers in Graph1 revert to their original values. Do a Ctrl Z to put back deleted Graph2, and the value in Graph1 change again back to the increased values.

Please remember, the data comes from two separate queries that are not linked. Also Graph 1 is in Report Header 1 and Graph2 is is Report Header B. And the behavior continues. If I add aother graph to the report pulling from a third distinctly separate SQL query, the number is Graph1 change and go up yet again.

I am totally baffled by this. Can someone shed some light on why this is happening?

Thanks

Place each chart in a subreport. Having tables that are unlinked would cause Crystal to join all records from Table A to join to all records from Table B ("record inflation") but only if Table B is used by the report (unless you use enforce join option). This explains why the reord inflation occurs only when the report starts using something from Table B.

Using subreports (each with it's own set of data) would avoid that issue.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

IdoMillet,

Thanks very much for your helpful reply and explanation! I will try sub-reports as you suggest.

Thanks!
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back