Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal formulas v10 and v8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbvcbr

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2007
US
I created a crosstab report in v10 with few formulas and I can see/use all formulas. I created the same crosstab report with same formulas in v8.5 and I cannot see/use all the formulas in v8.5 and with this I cannot create the same report what I created in v10. Am I doing something wrong in my setup/properties ?. Please help me to fix this problem, to see all the formulas in v8.5 and use them in crosstab report. Note, when I am in design crosstab report, when I hit button to create a 'new formula' I see all the formalas, when I try to put/drag those formalas on the report it does not show. Some of them are not visible.

Thank you,

Later versions allow more flexibility in what formulas can be used in crosstabs, so you won't necessarily be able to make this work with an inserted crosstab in 8.5. You would have to show us the content of the formulas that are not appearing for anyone to help (including the content of any nested formulas).

-LB

See the attachment repott/mdb
In crosstab report, in rows box I want to insert 'aca.year',
column box I want to insert 'status', and in summary box
I want to insert 'countNR' (this countNR I am counting, not sum).

Any help will be helpful,
Thanks.

please post the formula you are using, not the report itself.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Your attachment doesn't work. Please just copy the formulas into the thread.

-LB

I no longer have 8.5, but I've a definite memory that its Crosstab would only use fields and not formulas. Sadly, you'll need to create a mock-crosstab to do the task. (Or possibly a subreport.)

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

crystal 8.5 will use formulas in crosstabs, but certain formulas - use of previous() or next(), formulas that are summaries themselves, or formulas evaluated WhilePrintingRecords for example - cannot be used in crosstabs.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back