Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal - Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbjames

Programmer
May 13, 2003
US
Error: CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server: -2147190908: Failed to export the report.
Getting the above error while trying to export from an ASP application (Crystal 8) to Excel. I have tried everything I have come accross so far including re-registering some of the dll's, copying some of asp files to application directory. What is most puzzling to me is that the export to excel does work for some of my users, but not for others. For myself it works from one of my machines, but not from the other. Both have same version of Office and Internet Explorer. However export options has "Excel 5.0 Document" in the one which works, but has "Microsoft Excel" in the one which does not work. Any Ideas ?

Thanks for your suggestions synapsevampire !
I had tried both those solutions on the crystal site and did not work. Why would it work for some users and not others if the problem is on the server ? The only thing the client has to do is install and run the smartviewer when prompted the first time they connect.

Perhaps you have different viewers out there, try it on a new machine, and try uninstalling the Active-X from the boxes and reinstalling.

-k

The problem is in the file named RPTSERVER.ASP on the web server and the assigned value for a constant called CREFTEXCEL21. Depending on your installation, you have to play around with this value untill it works. I had to request a new version of this file from the good folks at Crystal Support and had to set CREFTEXCEL21 = 18 for the export to work for all my clients regardless of what export option they were showing (Excel, Excel 5.0 or Excel 7.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back