Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal enterprise - Unknown query engine error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftab45

Technical User
Mar 2, 2006
GB
Good morning,

I have a peculiar problem with a report that I have recently written. The report interrogates remedy data and uses two tables. It displays data from both tables and selection criteria is simply:

1. Startdate is in the period last 7 days.
2. Group name is like "RR*DBA*"

This report runs perfectly fine from crystal reports on my machine, but when I upload it to crystal enterprise (v9) and test it, the report stays in the running state for a very long time before failing with the error 'Unknown query engine error'. I have tried creating a fresh report, but this has made no difference.

The report uses two ODBC connections, one for each table. I have created reports like this before without any problems, so I'm at a loss as to why this one doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Aftab.

Try installing Crystal Reports 9 on to the server you have CE9 on and try running the report in CR9 on the server. This may give you a more meaningfull error and assist determine the cause of the problem.

Hi groggle,

I have tried this (running the report on crystal reports 9 on the CE server) and it runs, which confuses me even more!

OK.

Try looking in the application log to see of the server to see if it contains an error message.

Try Viewing it on Demand (This will use the Page Server to process the report)

Try Scheduling it(This will use the Job Server to process the report)

Try turning on the ODBC trace for each of the ODBC DSN's that the report is using and check out the ODBC trace log files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back