Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Designer vs Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsh8286

Technical User
Mar 4, 2010
CA
Have a question about running Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (32 bit) V25 as it pertains to using Dynamic Parameters in creating a Crystal Report. The runtime engine is used in the software we use to generate canned reports. When we create a report that contains a Dynamic Parameter it reads all of the records in the parameter when we run outside of the accounting software program (i.e. the designer). When we go to run the report in our program the parameter records are broken up in "buckets"(for lack of a better word). So instead of seeing one long list of the records available we only see a certain amount per "bucket". We have made the appropriate registry changes(re LOV) and have created the system environment variable change to include BOE_CRLOVMAXSIZE. None of these have worked when trying to run the report in our software. The records always are separated by these "buckets". Is there a switch or setting in the runtime software that can be changed to view all of the records? Hope this makes sense. Thank you for any input you can provide.

Just to confirm - you have a Crystal report that when you run it against Sage data and within Crystal, you see all of the expected records in the dynamic parameter dropdown. But when you have your application run that Crystal report, the records displayed in the dropdown are different?

Yes that is correct. Running it in the Crystal Designer outside of the Sage Accpac program all dynamic records are listed. As soon as we run it in Sage Accpac the expected records are broken up in (what I call) buckets.

So depending on which "bucket" you select only those records belonging to that bucket show up.

My assumption is that there is obviously some record count max in the Crystal Engine/Viewer and not the Designer.

I would have directed you to the registry entry that governs the maximum number of records that Crystal pulls from the database when populating the dynamic dropdowns but I think you indicated that you already made that adjustment.

The next step I would suggest is to write a macro front end for the report and that would give you 100% control over the parameter values that your user can see and select from. Then pass those parameter values to the report via the macro.

Thanks guys will look into both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back