Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal caching qry??

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalreps

Programmer
Apr 13, 2003
GB
Over the last few weeks, I have had a problem with CR when I change the sql code in the qry that CR is using. Despite the updated qry running fine and the report also working correctly, when I call the report from Crystal Reports Viewer, it pulls the data from the old qry. I have tried most of the obvious things, but it always returns the data from the old qry. This is now happening on several reports. I have made changes to qrys before without any issue.

Has anyone else had this issue??

Does "most of the obvious things" include Database > Verify Database.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I think I have it worked out now - I have decided to use a View instead and this appears to resolve the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back