Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal BI launch pad can't see the menu bar (home, documents tab) properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizzycrystal

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2007
IE
Crystal BI launch pad can't see the menu bar (home, documents tab) properly
I'm using internet explorer 11
Also when I open a document the name isn't visible on that menu bar. I have to scroll down. I can't widen by dragging either.

Which version (4.0 or 4.1) and service pack is your BusinessObjects system? IE 11 was not supported until SP9 of 4.0 and SP3 of 4.1. You may, however, be able to use "compatibility mode" in IE 11 to get it to work if your system isn't on the correct SP of BO.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks for reply. Funny when I uncheck "Display internet sites in compatibility view" it fixes the problem but creates a new problem....I have to view the report at 75% because at 100% it doesn't show full page and I can't scroll down.

Again, unless you are using SP9 of 4.0 or SP3 of 4.1, you may not be able to use IE 11, the "compatibility mode" was a hope. I know that IE 9 will work with 4.0 SP7 FP 7 and Mozilla FireFox.

I'm using SAP 2013 SP4. Can I get a service pack from SAP marketplace? What about all the users of Crystal who logon to the launch pad, how can I fix the problem for them?
Thank you!

You should be able to get the SP from the marketplace. Even though it always seems difficult to find what you are looking for. The users need to be aware of what browsers are compatible with the version of BI you have (check with the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for your version).

You can get to the product availability matrix (PAM) by going Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find the link under "Additional Information".

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back