Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal automatically resetting param incorrectly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebutter

Technical User
Feb 17, 2005
US
V.10
xml data with ADO.Net

~I have a report that uses a subreport linked on:

Subreport Param = ?PM-AssetYear.Value

Select Data in Sub = True

Linked on AssetYear.Value

~When Crystal uses these settings the report works correctly.

~The problem is that Crystal is changing the Select Data in Sub link to Asset.ID instead of AssetYear.Value thus breaking the report.

~When I open the record selection in the subreport from the parent report I see the Asset.ID reference. If I manually change it back the report works.

~The issue is intermittent, but breaks more often then not.

Thank you!
ebutter

I have seen something like this happen in XI as well, and it specifically was related to a {?year} parameter, where the format displayed in the setup screen didn't match the format in the report, even though it was a number parameter. The subreport appeared to accept the link, but actually defaulted to a key field, instead of using the parameter.

I think this happened when I copied a parameter from another report. I would try deleting the subreport link and deleting the {?year} parameter and creating it anew and then using it for the link.

-LB

I will try this. Asset.ID is the key field so your supposition may be right.

I deleted everything and started over and it now assigns the proper link to the subreports record selection.

Thanks!
ebutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back