Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpreda

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
US
Our company is currently in the process of updating our computer workstations. All the new computers have Windows XP and we are unable to run any executable files at these workstations, does anyone know what version of Crystal I need to have for Windows XP?

There is not a XP specific build of Crystal Reports and version 7 and up should be fine.

With the older verison 7 you will need to the XP functionality to run the .exe as a Windows 98 compatible.

I would only recommend sticking with the supported versions. Currently 8, 8.5 and 9

Cheers,

Surfing Gecko
SurfingGeckoSoftware.com

I am using XP and Crystal 7 just fine. No errors, no problems. When you say "we are unable to run any executable files at these workstations". Do you mean ANY executables or just Crystal related executables?

What, if any, error messages do you get?

Hi there,

Note that v8 will no longer be supported as of June this year and 8.5 will only have another year to go. 8.5 is not actually officially supported on XP. v9 IS supported on XP Pro.

cheers...J

jdemmi,

The XP workstations can run the actual Crystal Reports in design mode just fine and are unable to run any Crystal executable files. It does not prompt an error at all. When you click on the executable file nothing happens.

Which executable files are you referring to? Compiled reports?

jdemmi,

Yes I am referring to executable reports and distributed reports as well.

That is a weird one. I can run the reports in the designer and lauch compiled\executable reports as well.

But....

I am a local admin on the XP machine AND I copied ALL crystal DLLs from C:\WINDOWS\CRYSTAL (where C:\ is your root drive and WINDOWS is your OS install directory) into the system32 folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back