Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal and Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdemmi

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
US
ENVIRONMENT: MS WTS V 4.0 WITH SP 6, CITRIX MF 1.8 WITH SP2, APPLICATION WITH CRYSTAL 7.0 INTEGRATED WITHIN IT, APPLICATION IS PUBLISHED EXPLICTLY.

FACTS: 99% OR REPORTS RUN FINE. ALL FILES FROM \WTSRV\CRYSTAL FOLDER ARE IN \WTSRV\SYSTEM32 FOLDER. THE REPORTS ARE LAUNCHED FROM WITHIN THE APP AND PROMPT THE USER FOR PARAMETERS. THESE REPORTS RUN FINE FROM THE DESIGNER.

PROBLEM: FOR SOME USERS AND SOME ADMINS, SOME REPORTS DO NOT EXECUTE. THE REPORT BEGINS TO OPEN AND GETS "HUNG" WITH AN HOURGLASS. THIS HAPPENS TO 4 REPORTS ONLY, AND BEFORE THE PARAMTER BOXES OPEN.

I HAVE TRIED: DELETING THE USER PROFILES. CHANGING PERMISSIONS ON THE CRYSTAL DLLS. CHANGING PERMISSIONS ON SYSTEM32 FOLDER. COPYING CRYSTAL DLLS TO THE APPLICATION FOLDER.

ANY IDEAS?

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

Can't really help you, but I had something similar recently with running Crystal with Citrix. Every time I tried to open a report it would hang then crash the server. All other users could open them fine at first, then one or two started to get the same problem.

Our I.T. guys tried all the following:

Removal of Compaq Insight Manager Agents
Diagnostics run against server hardware
Replacement of Smart 3200 Array Controler
Testing of various scenarios with other staff
Frame size on NIC changed
Replacement of NIC
Re-installation of Crystal reports on server
Re-installation of Crystal Reports Add-In on server
Re-installation of ICA client on client desktops
Deletion of users profiles on server and re-creation

...with no luck. I am now running from a local install and Crystal will probably be removed from the server. If you haven't tried already, it might be worth posting your message on the "Citrix Solutions" forum.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back