Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Analisys vs Crystal Report on OLAP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krist

Programmer
May 30, 2001
ID
Hi all,

We are using Crystal Analisys 9 as OLAP Front end software. Lately I just realize Crystal Report also has the capability to access and analyze Cube from MS Analysis Service, but I have never used Crystal Report for OLAP.

Can any body please tell me what are the additional advanced functionalities that Crystal Analysis has and Crystal Report does not, regarding CUBE Analysis ?

Thanks for your help,
Krist

Hi Krist,

As I see it Crystal Reports is great for scheduling formatted reports from OLAP sources but if you want interactive access then Crystal Analysis is better. Crystal Analysis has better OLAP navigation through the Analysis Buttons but Crystal Reports is better at printing and exporting.

So really it depends on what you want. If you want to look at live data then use Crystal Analysis, if you want to present cross-tab reports from an OLAP source then use Crystal Reports, the latter will produce better looking results but they will be less functional.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I have checked Crystal Report 8.0 that we have, no support for SQLServer2000 Analysis Service.
What is the miminum version of Crystal Report to access MS Analysis Service ?

Also about the runtime, to distribute the Rpt (that access Cube) is it the same licensing policy like with normal report ?

Thanks again,
Krist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back