Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal ActiveX ReportViewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanMac26

Programmer
Nov 16, 2007
NZ
My Clients have a 4th Dimension application that uses Crystal XI for reporting. Each time they want to run a report a vb script is created beginning as follows
"
Const crEDTDiskFile=1
Const crEFTPortableDocFormat = 31
Dim CRViewer1
Set CRViewer1=CreateObject("CrystalReports11.ActiveXReportViewer.1")
Dim objAppl
Dim objReport
Dim CRbalance
Set objAppl=CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application.11")
Set objReport=objAppl.OpenReport("C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\My Documents\Reports\Sales Ledger\MarginReport.rpt")
<snip>plus more lines passing parameters etc</snip>
"
Now one of the users has a new computer, and the script is failing at the CRViewer1=... line
I suspect something needs to be installed on his new computer - where can I find it?

Regards,
Ian

Hi,
Unless the user has 'Power user' level permissions on the workstation ( at a minimum), then someone with admin rights needs to try running a report to see if the ActiveX control will install..If not , there are ways to force it - try checking the add-ons in their browser and remove any references to the Crystal( or Business Objects) ActiveX control - then try a report viewing ( while logged into that machine as an administrator.)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Also, if it is a NEW computer - it may have a different OS / IE version (eg. Windows 7, IE-8) that has new ActiveX blockers on it.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Eventually we tracked down the original developer and he reminded us where he had placed the appropriate installers on the server - so everything is working now [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back