Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 9 - Very Odd Grouping behavior (Suppress Statement) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HookEmHorns

Programmer
Dec 17, 2009
US
I am having issues with a suppress statement I am trying to enter in my report on a grouping. I have placed the following suppress statement in the "Suppress (No Drill-Down)" in my Group 1 Header and Group 1 Footer:

{DONOTGROUP} = TRUE

In my application, the user places a check in a box that should suppress this group. What is happening, is I am not seeing the group header or footer in 1 print in my report, however it is still behaving as if it was there. To the left of my print preview I can see the FacilityName's still (my group 1) and its still forcing the group levels below it to behave and group as if it was there. Its very difficult to explain this odd behavior and I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot this one. I can supply more details if asked, just not sure what to include and what would be too much info to scare people away. Help is deeply appreciated!

This is how my report is Grouped:

Code:
Group Header #1: Data.FacilityName - A
Group Header #2: @DOS - A
Group Header #3: @DrGrouping - A
Group Header #4: @Label - A
Group Header #5: Data.CPTCode - A

(with applicable footers).

Not sure these are needed, but here is what the formulas equal in the report.

@DOS = If {?NODOS} = FALSE then {Data.DateOfServiceFrom} else #01/01/1900#

@DrGrouping = (a simple if they ck this then DoctorName else the Resource Name)

@label = (another one .. if they pick this option print insurance carrier name, policy type or financial class).

Suppression just makes the group header not appear--it doesn't change the grouping. You should instead create a formula like this:

if {donotgroup} = true then
"" else
{facilityname}

Then insert your group on this formula.

-LB

lbass,

You amaze me. You are my savior. Thank you cant say it enough. Thank you for the explanation as well, it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back