Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 9 Slow Report performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwsully

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2001
US
I am having trouble getting crystal reports 9 to run reports using a ms access database located on a netware 6 server with NSS volumes. If I run the report with crystal 8.5 the report finishes in about 30 seconds. When I run the same report with version 9 It takes hours. When I move the database locally or to a microsoft server the report completes in a couple of minutes. Is anyone aware of some netware server settings that might help.

Thank You
Mike Sullivan

i dont want to say these but
set the oplocks and the client file caching off

it shouldnt be a prob as we have this and crystal will always pull it quicker than one of though other servers

Those settings are already off. We never had a problem until we went to Crstal Reports 9. Thanks for the suggestion more are welcome.

Mike

what type of server is it ?

if it's an hp is hyperthreading turned off in bios?
quick way off knowing this - turn screen saver on - if it's a single processor you will get two if its on - 4 if you have dual

this should make a difference but i know i had to turn this off for a pervasiv db

can you aslo put a scan on pc when it makes the request to see what its doing

Thanks for your help Terry. It is a single processor server no Hyperthreading. The problem only occurs with a Access database on the netware server. Crystal works fine connecting to oracle or MySQL which are both running a netware servers. It appears the problem only happens when the report has groups. I have turned off the group tree, Tried the option for grouping on the server did not help. Changing IP to the perferred protocal help a little but not enough. Any futher Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

I found the solution and it has nothing to do with netware. All I had to do was open the 8.5 version report file with crystal 9, delete the links between tables and then recreate them. The reports now run as fast as ever. To bad the only answer I could get from business object was that they do not support netware.

Thanks for your help terry
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back