Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 9 ActiveX Viewer Red X 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

btgroup

MIS
Jan 21, 2003
US
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Crystal Reports 9 from V8.5 and I am trying to update my ASP application which uses RAS 9 and the ActiveX viewer. My application is modeled after the simpleparameterfields.asp example provided in the ASP examples from Crystal.

I must have something configured incorrectly because I only get a Red X in the corner when the ActiveX viewer calls the report. Could this be an IIS setting or a RAS setting? My reports are being called through a mapped drive letter on another machine that does not have RAS installed (which has always worked in V8.5).

Thanks in advance for any help.

As a follow up to my post. I explained the problem to Crystal Support and they informed me that a virtual directory called "viewer9" needs to be added in IIS. The path needs to point to the same path as the "crystalreportviewers" path which by default is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers"

Hope that helps for anyone else experiencing the same problem. Not sure why the viewer9 directory is not installed with RAS, but it works once it is added manually.

wrentmore,

Thanks for posting this info. It really saved us a lot of hedaches. This is what I found on business objects support site.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers

Thanks Again,
Clyde

Below is the complete workaround that's on business objects' support website.

Create a virtual directory called "crystalreportviewers" on your web server and reference the physical directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers

Clyde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back