Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 vs 9 - Error 20525(unable to load report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khcheong

Programmer
Oct 5, 2000
MY
Hi all,

Current I'm trying to upgrade the report from version 8.5 to version 9. I have open all the reports which has been developed in version 8.5 and save it in newer version(version 9).

I'm able to run the report in the crystal report desiger and seems like the report no problem. But when I try to run it through my application, which I use the VB code and calling the report using the crystal report control but the application returns an error.

the error code is 20525 and the error message is "unable to load report"

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Cheong

In your VB application, you need to change the referencres from the old crystal components (crviewer, craxdrt, ...)
to the new ones. Assuming you have CR 9.0 Developer, you also have these new components.

Note that in order to use the new components, Crystal requires that you obtain an agreement from your users that they would observe certain licensing requirements...

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

This method is for the RDC control. What if I'm using ocx control?

Is it the version 9 cannot support the OCX control?

This is my code:

With CrystalReport1
.ReportFileName = "C:\temp\TestReport.rpt"
.Connect= "odbc;database=VLTW;uid=db2inst1;pwd=db2inst1;dsn=VLTW"
.Destination = crptToWindow
.PrintReport
End With

What should change in my code?

Thanks.

Regards,
Cheong

version 9 does not support ocx. As for the code goto the cystal support website and in the serach box at the top right of the screen type the following file names :

scr8-ocxtordc.pdf
rdc_tutorial.pdf

they give you step by step guide for changing the code showing what the old was and what the new code should be for version 9

hope this helps

yes. Thanks.

Now, I'm able to run my report after I have done the migration.

But, now I'm facing another problem. Previously, I have the problem which the report can't run on Client PC due to the report ocx not installed into the client's PC. After that, I have created a small setup program and have it installed into all the Client's PC and my problem solved. For this RDC component, I did the same thing, but looks like this component not able to install into the Client PC and the system hang when trying to register the CRaxdrt9.dll file. Now, my report fail to run on Client's PC. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back