Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5/Saleslogix 6.2 - want to link Access 97 table to report

Status
Not open for further replies.

suechamps

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
My database is Salelogix 6.2 and I am using CR 8.5. I have information in Access 97 database that I want to bring into report. I have managed to add the Access table to the report.
I want to link Saleslogix field {IP_BENEFITS.ALT_REP2_CD} to Access field {REPPHONE.ALT_REP2_CD}. When I link, I get the File Link Warning: The specified fields may not link successfully due to different type. They are both String fields. I've linked them anyway but when I add a field from the Access table, no information is pulled. I do not have the option to change the join to any thing but Equal. I've never used an Access file in a Crystal report, so maybe this is just a simple thing but I'm just not sure of what to do![ponder]

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Try removing the link and specifying the link in the record selection formula:

IP_BENEFITS.ALT_REP2_CD = REPPHONE.ALT_REP2_CD

You may also want to try making sure they are both strings:

ToText(IP_BENEFITS.ALT_REP2_CD) = ToText(REPPHONE.ALT_REP2_CD)

HTH

You could add one of the tables in a subreport and then link the subreport to the main report on the field you are currently trying to link by.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back