Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 not running reports in Workflow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvaleri

Technical User
Dec 10, 2004
US
we are running Macola 7.5 and we purchased the Crystal 8.5which is suppose to be able to run the reports in Workflow. Well they don't run and here are a few scinerios:

I am an Administrator, if I log in under that login I can run all reports, if I login as me I can only run one. Another user cannot run any of them and another user still on the old version of Crystal can still run them all.

These are some of the messages:
ODBC error [Intersolv][ODBC Btrieve driver] unknown option: OERHDFIL_SQL

Then: Error detected by database DLL Then comes up with a blank report.

Any clues, I can try and upload more error messages.

Help - by the way I tried to uninstall new Crystal and reinstall old but now still having the problem.

Please tell us the exact (no pun intended) version of Macola you are using. I can pretty much guarantee you it is not 7.5, unless you are running a 7 year old version of the software.

You should be on at least 7.6.200 at this point, as support for Crystal 8.5 did not start until this version.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

OERHDFIL_SQL is the RMA Header File. Are you using RMA, I would wonder if this file exists, if you install an update sometimes you have to initial new tables (such as RMA - always be very care full when ititializing data.)

If the file is there then I would wonder are your DDF's up to date ?

I would also check the ODBC DSN should look something like _data_01_isolve and point to your macola data directory.

I would also check your Pervasive / btrieve install. Which version ?

You do not need the Crystal Designer installed to 'run' the canned Crystal reports from within PWE. The client install of Macola installs all of the DLL's needed to run the canned reports. Installing other applications that also use the Crystal runtime files (and there are lots) can sometimes cause a conflict with Macola. Installing the Crystal designer, or the compiled reports distribution client can also play havoc with Macola's 'Crystal' install. 9 times out of 10, reinstalling the Macola client corrects any Crystal conflicts.

If you are trying to open up one of the existing 'canned' reports with Crystal 8.5 designer, it wont always run 'out of the box'. Macola's canned reports (which are crap by the way, but that's just my opinion) rely on 'Isolve' ODBC drivers. These ODBC drivers are created by PWE (Progression Workflow Explorer) when you log into Macola. Macola uses a VB and ERS front end to connect to the appropriate data source and capture and pass run time parameters. You should be able to copy and then edit the reports, but don't assume you'll always be able to refresh them from within the Crystal Designer.

Peter Shirley

OK here is more information. I reinstalled the Crystal Client 32. And everything seems to be OK from that end. But When I go to print the integrated reports the OE - Print RMA (ret Matl Authorization) prints just fine. But when I try the RMA Receiving it gives me the error message - ODBC Error:[INTERSOLV][ODBC BTRIEVE Driver]unknown option: OERHDFIL_SQL. Then when I clcik OK it gives me ther message - Error detected by database DLL. NEmacGuy seemed to have some answers. But you need to clarify and put it in plain English for me and tell me exactly what to do. Thanks

Silly question but here goes. The intersolve driver is a btrieve/pervasive driver. Can you confirm that you are using Pervasive and not MS SQL?

Also the version of Progression you are using would be nice.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

I am using Pervasive and am using 7.5.103f of Progression

Sorry I should have put this in before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back