Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 exporting supressed data? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetitPal

Programmer
May 2, 2001
GB
Hi,

I've got a crystal report that supresses certain sections (as you do) but when I hit the export button all of the supressed sections are exported. So what this means is I look at a report with five records, export to csv, and end up with a file with fifteen / twenty records in.

Any ideas?

Paul.

Rather than suppressing the rows, eliminate them from the report entirely.

I rarely suppress sections.

Use Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record to eliminate unwanted data.

-k

This sounds familiar, but I can't remember the exact deatils...
Have you tried exporting to a different format, like excel.
I'm just wondering whether it is the csv dll that is causing the problems.

If thats the case, you may want to have a look at the latest patches for your version.

Fred

As fredp1 says, it may be because your software is out of date. I've exported reports with suppressed sections and had no trouble. Of course I always used Excel.

It helps to give your Crystal version, since newer versions have extra options, and some extra problems. I use Crystal 8.5.

Last year, there was a change in Crystal 8.5 that improved it a great deal. If your export-choice for Excel says Excel Extended rather than MS Excel 97, then an update should fix it.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

Thanks for your help all. I've tried exporting the report in Excel format, etc, and the suppressed sections remain just that - suppressed! So this makes me think that it must be something in U2FSEPV.DLL (separated values dll). I've applied 8.5 service packs 1, 2, 3 and the latest hotfixes and it still doesn't work. The dll version is now 8.6.2.219 - if that's of the remotest use.

It must be something that I'm doing because I can't believe that no-one else would have picked this one up yet! :)

Paul.

Have a look at the doco on BO web site,
cr85_exportlimitations.zip

The document says that Conditional Suppression is not supported with csv.
Are you doing Conditional or a Permanent supression?

The botton line suggests that there are alot of features not supported by csv which are supported by Excel. Maybe the suppress section is another one not clearly documented.

This may explain whats happening.

Cheers
Fred

Hi Fred,

That very probably would explain it! (How the heck did you find that document - I spent all day looking for useful stuff! :) )

I presume that I am doing a conditional suppression as I am setting the suppressing the section based on a formula; which would explain everything.

Thanks for your help!

Paul.

AGain, use the formula to eliminate the rows from the data being returned rather than hacking them out afterwards and suffering accordingly elswhere.

-k

Hi K,

I did what you suggested and, after lots of recoding (that I was hoping to avoid), it works a treat (I'll just listen to you from the start next time :) ).

Thanks for your advice! (all)

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back