Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 exporting crystal report to excel gives duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastyinVA

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
Anybody ever see this?

Using Crystal 8.5 I schedule and run a report on the server as a "Crystal report" format. Report runs fine and returns data correctly (1 row for each data item). When I open the report in the crystal viewer and then select Export report at the top and choose the excel format the reports ends up with many duplicates of the same row.

Why doesn't the export to excel feature dump the "crystal report" exactly as I see it (i.e. 1 row equals 1 row)

Not every row is duplicated but some are duplicated over 100 times!!

If I run the report as an excel format the report runs correctly (no duplicates). I have told the users to do that and not export the "crystal format" report (which is what they were doing).

I'm still curious as to why the export to excel goes haywire? Any ideas? Excel version is 10 I believe (2002 SP3)

Do you have suppressed rows in your crystal report?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

the detail rows are suppressed - I am showing a group level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back