Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 - Distributed Report - No Option to Export to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kich94

Programmer
Jul 19, 2006
US
We are still using Crystal Reports 8.5. I'm having a problem when setting up brand new PCs with a Distributed Crystal Report. The Export Option "Acrobat Format (PDF)" is no longer in the drop-down list. It has always been there before when I distributed reports to existing PCs (older ones). I can't figure out why it's not there on the new PCs. We're still using Windows XP which is what is used on all others that have worked in the past.

Does anyone have any clue to what causes this? Could it be a .dll file? If so, which one?

Tracy

The Export to PDF is an option on the install. resinstall and check the Export Options.

Alternatively, copy the dll that does the export from a machine where it's working to a machine that seems to be missing the feature.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

I found the .dll and have re-distributed the report. The Export option: Acrobat Format (PDF) now appears in the drop-down menu; however, when I select it and click on OK after the page range window, then it doesn't do anything. It should bring up the window to "Choose Export File" but it doesn't.

What I did notice on the Setup.ini file, is that I don't see the PDF option under the Exporting\ section (see below). Not sure if there really is something missing or not. Can anyone verify this?

Exporting=Make your Crystal Reports accessible in a variety of formats including HTML, Word, Excel, Text...
Exporting\Application=Exporting a Crystal Report to an Application
Exporting\Character Separated=Exporting a Crystal Report to a Character Separated format (*.csv)
Exporting\Crystal Reports=Exporting a Crystal Report to another Crystal Report (*.rpt)
Exporting\Data Interchange Format (DIF)=Exporting a Crystal Report to a Data Interchange Format (*.dif)
Exporting\Disk file=Exporting a Crystal Report to a file.
Exporting\Excel=Exporting a Crystal Report to Excel 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 formats (*.xls)
Exporting\HTML=Exporting a Crystal Report to HTML Draft 3.0, HTML 3.2, Internet Explorer 2.0, and Netscape 2.0 formats (*.htm)
Exporting\Lotus 1-2-3=Exporting a Crystal Report to Lotus 1-2-3 formats (*.wk1, *.wk3, *.wks)
Exporting\Lotus Notes=Exporting a Crystal Report to a Lotus Notes document.
Exporting\MAPI=Exporting a Crystal Report to Microsoft Mail.
Exporting\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders=Exporting a Crystal Report to an Exchange Folder.
Exporting\ODBC data source=Exporting a Crystal Report to any of your installed ODBC formats.
Exporting\Quattro Pro=Exporting a Crystal Report to Quattro Pro format (*.wb1).
Exporting\Record style (columns of values)=Exporting a Crystal Report to Record Style format (*.rec).
Exporting\Report Definition=Exporting a Crystal Report to Report Definition format.
Exporting\Rich Text Format (RTF)=Exporting a Crystal Report to Rich Text Format (*.rtf).
Exporting\Text=Exporting a Crystal Report to Text formats (*.txt).
Exporting\VIM=Exporting a Crystal Report to cc:MAIL.
Exporting\Word for DOS/WordPerfect=Exporting a Crystal Report to Word for Dos and WordPerfect (*.doc, *.wpd).
Exporting\Word for Windows=Exporting a Crystal Report to Word for Windows format (*.doc).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back