Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 2008 double login

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyzina

Technical User
Mar 10, 2009
US
Hello people,
We are testing Creystal Reports 2008 and the problem we have is: When enter the parameters I have to choose the data sort selection and then I am directed to the normal log. Any ideas?

Not quite understanding. Most of the time when we run a report and it has parameters, it will prompt us for the parameter then prompt us for the DB logon. Is this what you are saying?

When I bring up the report and enter the parameter, I receive the screen regarding the Data Source selection , when I pick the Data Sourt Selection then it asks for the database login.

No. Also when I tried shcedule the reports on BOE I have to login twice: when I enereing the prompt and regular login..

I have not tried this with any other connection type, but if you are using an ODBC connection, you can go to the Database menu, choose Set Datasource Location, choose ODBC and then use Enter Connection String. The connection string will contain the driver type, the server IP, the database name, the user id and the password and will be formatted like: Driver=SQL Server;Server=192.168.1.100;Database=Lotsatables;uid=UserName;pwd=Password
replace every value after a = with the one specific to your database. click Finish, not Next. Save your report. You should now be able to run it without getting a database password request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back