Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 11 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmares

Technical User
Jan 12, 2006
US
The report I have was written in version 8.5 now we are upgrading to version 11.

When I open my 8.5 report in 11 it gives me the following error:

"The Saved Data will be discarded as one or more of the formulas failed to compile."

I looked up the error in business objects and found it might be due to a formula contains "WhileReadingRecords" function. But it doesnt, the report has formulas with "WhilePrintingRecords" function.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What happens when you then run the report, does it error? Probably not, so politely ignore the warning.

The fact that the report tosses the saved data is a good thing, you should turn off the File->Save data with report anyway in CR 8.5 unless you need it saved with the report for some reason.

-k

That is true, when I manually run the report it doesn't error, everything prints out how I would expect it.

But, we use Central Management Console, Crystal Server so we can schedule this report to run at night.

When the report prints, it is out of order and even duplicates records within the report. Would that have anything to do with the error we are getting when we open the report?

Thanks.

Try doing a Database->Verify Database before saving it as a CR XI file.

it could be that something is amiss with the recordset, or at least Crystal's understanding of it.

There are a variety of reasons why it might error, so it may take some exploration.

btw you should try Preview in the CMC or using Infoview and just running it now to see if it throws an error.

-k

Have you resolved this? We are getting the same error.

No, we are still trying to find the answer.

One thing we found was this error did not occur for all users. If the report was opened on another user's machine (who was not getting the error), then the report would work on the original machine again!

Are you also using Business Objects Enterprise?

We have tried this report on multiple workstations all with the same error in Crystal XI ("The Saved Data will be discarded as one or more of the formulas failed to compile.") We are using BOE, v11. Strange thing is when you preview it or export to pdf, the report produces the correct results but when you go to print the report, it produces the errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back