Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crypto Map Question on ASA 5540

Status
Not open for further replies.

pblumer

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2011
US
I have a dynamic crypto map 500. I am about to use up all the other crypto map underneath that for other static VPN customers. Will it create a problem if i go over that dynamic crypto map with my static maps? If so can i just move my dynamic map up to lets say 999 or 1000?

According to Cisco's guidelines
"You should make crypto map entries referencing dynamic maps the lowest priority map entries, so that negotiations for security associations will try to match the static crypto map entries first. Only after the negotiation request does not match any of the static map entries do you want it to be evaluated against the dynamic map.

To make a dynamic crypto map the lowest priority map entry, give the map entry referencing the dynamic crypto map the highest seq-num of all the map entries in a crypto map set. "

I hope that helps!
-HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back