Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crw32.exe error when exiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaguar00

Programmer
Oct 17, 2003
US
I keep getting the error "crw32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." when I try to exit a report or exit the program all together. The program works fine while I'm working in it so I can't figure out what the problem is. If I have two or three reports open and need to exit one of them, it may or may not leave the others. This is really aggrevating since I have to go through our security sign-ons every time I log into Crystal. Yesterday I had to log in 7 times.
Any help is definitely appreciated.

When using technical forums, cosnider posting technical information, such as the version of Crystal, OS used, etc.

Why do you go through a security sign on, or do you mean to make a database connection, or?

That error can be caused by many things, including a corrupted version of CR, conflicting DLL's, OS instability, etc.

I suggest that you contact someone technically savvy with and advise them to check the following to assist in diagnosing it:

-k

Sorry, but I'm new at this. I'm using Crystal 8.5 and Windows 2000. The system asks me to log in because my data source is located in an SQL Server. I'm assuming this is to make a database connection. Thanks for the input. I'll contact someone here to help me figure out what the problem might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back