Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crviewer 8.5 export creating 0 byte documents for all formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcmuchip

Programmer
May 31, 2001
Hello everyone, I have looked at this thread ( thread222-1423004: Crystal report export doesn't work ) but none of the links work any longer. I am using VB6 with Crystal 8.5 on an XP machine. I have one user that has this problem. Everyone else works.

Will someone please tell me how to fix this or point me to newer links?Thank you :)

Welcome to Crystal DLL hell. lol. There are probably good resources out there for this but you can always compare dll versions from working computer to non; which ones, try to google a list of crystal export dll's for your version. Or create a new install package and reinstall your app; If this applies to you; I don't know as you didn't say what this involves? But it seems to be a dll issue. Copy new ones and reregister. See "C:\WINDOWS\Crystal" and could also be in "...system32" or "common files\crystal". I "think" export ones apply to u2*.dll.

Tom

Thank you Tom for you reply. I know all about the "dll hell" you are talking about. This one has me baffled. I found the runtime.hlp file on a vm that I have. The user that does not work has all the dlls needed. My next step is to compare dates to the user that works.

BTW, the application is in-house that uses the crviewer.

Thanks again.

Another possibility - Is the problem computer logged in as a user with administrator or limited rights?

If you find its too hard to find or wasting too much of your time, you could try installing Crystal Reports on this computer.

Tom

I finally fixed it. I had one of our techs compare dlls between our broken user and a user that worked. Apparently, they have an application that will compare versions.

The application found two old dlls on the pc that was not working: implode.dll and crystl32.ocx. Once we copied these two over, the user's export function finally worked.

Thank you for trying to help, Tom. [lipstick]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back