Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crtystal Report EXPORT Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan007

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
CA
I am using Crystal Reports 8.5. Win 2k.
Users are viewing the report over the web using the Active X viewer.
Once report displayed on Viewer we have an EXport Report Option. If we click on that it opens Report View Export Window. Here you can save report by following choices in order as

Crystal Report 8
Crystal Report 7
Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Word,
Rich Text Format,
Adobe Acrobat.

Does anyone know how to restrict them to have the choice of Adobe Acrobat only? or
How the change the order and bring Adobe Acrobat at top or make it default.

Thanks in advance
Thanks

I believe if you remove the export dll's for the type of export (i.e. u2fxls.dll is for Excel) you want to remove from the list this will accomplish your goal.

Hi,

What would be some of your reasons for wanting to restrict formats available in the Viewer?

Also, would want this controlled system wide or on a report by report basis (i.e. Report A can be exported to Excel but Report B cannot).

Hank: This post is 2 months old, and probably no longer monitored.

Also, why do you want to know why someone wants to limit export formats, does that alter what your solution would be?

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back