Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crsytal Reports Crashing on Win2k and not on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFPR

MIS
May 9, 2003
PR
Hello to all and specially Mr. Craig Berntson!
I have an VFP8.0 app (with SP1) that runs various Crystal Reports 8.5 with SP2. I use the code that was found on Craig's web-site and documentation.

All report work great except one that use 'linked' images. In fact, I am having MAJOR problems with this report

Basically, the report has 12 images that change all the time (mug shot and fingerprints). To 'prepare' the images I copy them to a local directoy under the same name as created initially in the report.

Here is finally the problem: When I run the report it works great in a Win XP environment. By working I mean that it opens the report and automatically refreshs the images. The 'Updating Links' windows appear and goes all the way to 100%. However, in Windows 2000 the program flat out crashes with a CRW32.exe error. Sometime some of the images are loaded (up to 16%) and sometimes not at all.

Any comments! HELP!

M Williams

Seek and you shall find....

The problem was not really with Crystal or VFP but the way the OS was recognizing the JPG's. In some PC's (with Microsoft Photo Editor installed) it was working as Crystal was recogning the JPG image as JGP. In the PC's that did NOT have Microsoft Photo Editor, the image was being recognized as an HTML Format document. ?X?S@KL#WEW? That little #(*LKDD/sdfsd%@*&^#@#! Anyway, after 2 days I finally got it to work!

Please make a mental or written note of this!

Thanks anyway to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back