Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstalk on SCN 8.1.73

Status
Not open for further replies.

racom

Vendor
Mar 9, 2005
US
I have a three site SCN that has a PRI module at each location for all dial tones. I am getting reports of crosstalk Between the SCN's. Most calls come into site A, and site B has members of Site A's hunt Group. These members in Site B are hearing other calls on Site A. They have Digital phones at both sites. Crosstalk is usually on Analog lines, there is nothing analog here.

I have seen crosstalk on PRI's a few times, always been a provider issue. I suspect when these users experience this the calls use the same PRI, tracing and testing will prove this to be the case or not :)

I have Chronicall on this, and was able to record the call as well as track who was the call cross talked with. This can't be the provider. The Call came into site A, and a member of Site B answered the call (she was a member of a hunt group at site A). She heard an internal call between a person at site B and C. This internal call was a direct SCN call, they did not call out and back in. Any other ideas?

racom,
I have the same thing going on as well. 3 sites SCN, plenty of VM and NW channels licensed. The ONLY thing I can attribute is the Chronicall/Recording. I have spoke to them and they don't have an answer. I have even changed out hardware. Trying to escalate now with Avaya. You find an answer, let me know.

Chronicall just moves/compresses/organises the calls once the VM Pro has finished recording them, it can't have an effect on a live call, if recording is causing this it's the systems conf chip or the vm Pro :)

Thanks. Hopefully the traces show them something. It is happening on POTS, PRI, VoIP. Doesn't matter facility type, so I am guessing since the client records all calls it's pointing to the conf chip. That was my first thought and I changed out CU's and cards (in case). Upgraded 3 versions and happened on all. I'll update if resolution is found. Thanks again.

I believe amriddle01 is right on, sounds like a bad conference chip so box will need to be replaced, try this, turn off call recording for a few days and see if problem goes away. If it does than the chip is the culprit!

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Yeah my thoughts too. But I have replaced the CU's and same result. It's one of those things that happens 3-5 times a week and I can't turn off recording that long per the customer. Thanks for the info.

so are you saying you replaced the ipoffice 500v2 box?

Correct. I have replaced the 500V2's, Combo cards, VCM module's, PRI card's, and phone 8's.

Then the only thing left is the circuit itself

The conf chip used to give 64 channels, it's still the exact same chip but they used a firmware upgrade to double it's capacity, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a firmware issue causing this :)

Yes, that's why I'm hoping Avaya comes back with a fix... As far as a circuit issue, they are connected via a fiber MPLS and it happens with internal conversations as well as external. It's all over the place. The "recording all calls" is the key. Gotta be firmware.

I just replaced the Combo card yesterday with my fingers crossed. It locked up, and required a hard boot to bring back. It is also the card that most of the users complained about cross talk. What release are you running 1scti?

No go on the Combo Card replacement. The issue is still happening. I am going to disable the Chronicall Services first and see if they have an issue. I know that Chronicall is only a passive app, but I figured it was easy enough to rule it out.

Running 8.1.73 now. Upgraded thru the 8.1's to no avail.

Try to stop using the recordings and see what happens.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Chronicall was not the cause (not surprised)but at least it is ruled out. Now I am going to stop the recordings.

After disabling the call recording in the IPOffice, I have had no issues of Cross Talk. Before disabling, I would get 3-4 instances of cross talk a day. Any ideas? Bad release, bad conference chip in IP Office?....

Bad conference chip as was previous stated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back