Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstalk and Cut offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy24

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
US
Problem: Callers are being cut off during calls. We have a Meridian running succession3.0. Scenario: Caller A is talking with Caller B. Caller A suddenly hears caller B saying "Hello? Hello?" Caller A can hear B, but B cannot hear A and sometimes B is connected to a third call. If B gets connected to a third call, the third calling parties cannot hear B. Clear as mud?

Side Issue: Recently installed Cisco router to grab bandwidth from a data circuit for a point to point voice circuit to another switch.

Are all of these calls internal, or do any of them come from an external source?

Scott M.

switch type and end points of the call.. ?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

All calls are external. Switch is an Opt81 connected to a NEC200IVS.

Note: Many of the cut offs do NOT involve calls from the NEC.

Note: Caller ID screen shows the call as still connected during the entire time.

Note: One time, caller A placed caller B on hold and then was able to re establish the call.

usually an igs, that or the cable may be cocked in the intergroup module. that is the last place the call is 4 wire, cutting off rec but not transmit means the call is not handled in the normal 2 wire fashion we are used to. if i had a lot of problems i would scpu to see if i could clear it.. usually side related

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks. Please clarify: igs, scpu

Do you see any Err's or Bug's around the time this happens?

What software release is your switch. There were a few one way speech issues with 25.30 to 25.40B software. Also CPP machines had one way speech issues when using DPRI (Dual PRI) cards. Patch MPLR16453 resolved this issue. Symptoms for this issue were that if called party put caller on hold the speech timeslot was re-esatblished again.

i remember that problem, but that was not an internal issue, 25.61 had an internal issue that sometimes needed a patch.. but i only saw that problem twice and both were 61's that had been upgraded to 81's ? might not have been a part of the problem becaue 25.60 was a good issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

No symposium. We are on Succession 3.0 release. We are using dual PRI cards. We've had several more problems in the last day. Got a report of an internal call. The callers were talking when the second person was suddenly connected with another call. This is driving us crazy. The problems started in the spring and have escalated.

We may have more than one problem.

ld 135
scpu.. lock it down on one side, wait for the problem to re-occur. if it does, lock it down on the other side.. you need to find out which core has the problem.. to lock a switch down put the active core in maint with the faceplate switch.. remove 135 from the drol. do a ld 135 sync before you take it out of single mode.. chances are if you don't have a cable problem you have a cni problem.. all of these troubles would probley have a core in common..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back