Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcfMike

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2007
US
In Impromptu, it was possible to reference individual measures in a crosstab measure. This made it easy to do calculations on the crosstab data.

How is this done in Report Studio?

So if the crosstab produces the following when run:

A B
Z 1 3
Y 7 8

and I wanted to do a calculation using the value from Row Z Column B, how would I do that.

Have you tried to modify the query item that is used as the crosstab measure? Change it to something like:

Case
when (row = 'Z' and col = 'B') then your calculation expression
else normal
End

I did something similar to what you suggested ict2000, and was able to get the results I wanted.

Thanks for the tupel suggestion menoo. I couldn't make it work, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm not using dimensional data.

Very true, Tuple is within the MDX domain used for dimensional sources!

Ties Blom

That's to bad. It still seems odd to me that Cognos would make it so easy to access specific crosstab intersections in Impromptu, but make it a chore in Report Studio.

Thanks for everyone with their help on this.

I have no experience with Impromptu, but client-based BI software (as BO desktop intelligence, formerly the client BO tool) managed to do some pretty neat things in crosstabs that a Web-based tool skips..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back