Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CrossTab totals 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretaD

Programmer
Mar 7, 2006
NO
Hi

I have a crosstab report (Crystal XI, Oracle) where I want three summarize fields, but for two of them I only want to show the total (row total for one and column total for the other) is this possible in some way?

Example
Month Seller 1 Seller 2.. Seller5 Total ActualGCV
Jan <qty> xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
Feb xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
Total qty xxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx
Off-Spec xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx

For the qty summary field I want the details (per seller and month) for Actual GCV I only want the total per month and for Off-Spec I only want the total per seller.

Thanks!
rgds Greta

I think you could do this with a combination of two crosstabs. In the first, add your quantity and actual GCV summaries and in the customize style tab, choose "horizontal" for the summary display. Then suppress the inner cells and column total for the GCV summary and resize the cells. Then add a second crosstab with Off-Spec summary. Use only the column field (no row), and then suppress the column labels and remove the grid except where wanted by going to the ccustomize style tab->format grid lines and selecting the lines you don't want and uncheck "draw". Then overlay the second crosstab on the first.

You could add the Off-Spec summary to the first crosstab, and display the column totals horizontally, but you couldn't get the mixed horizontal/vertical display you show in your example.

-LB

Thanks lbass, that seems to do the trick!

-Greta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back