Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab Queries in Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadie16

Technical User
Jun 12, 2002
US
I have a crosstab query that I have created which basically is a rolling 12 months. For intstance, if I ran the query today the column headings would be May-01 through May-02. Next month if I run it, they will be Jun-01 through Jun-02. I would like to create a report from this query however, I do not want to hard-code in the sources since they will be changing every month. Is this possible to do? Any suggestions?

1. U could use a form to enter report criteria - ask your office assistant - it cover's the whole procedure.
or
2. use a small piece of code which runs when the report is opened that will use a variable to store the current year.
x=date()
x will be today's date - employ this variable to work as a relative constant.

Hi,
If your have a date dimension - you could use that as a heading, and format the same to reflect MMM-YY.

Hope this solves the problem.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back