Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunlop1975

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
CA
I need to build a report that compares cost to revenue earned

The simplified layout to explain the issue would be
<GF1 - Speciality>
<GF2 - case#>
<detail>Item Cost
<GF2> Total Item Cost,Revenue
<GF1> Total Item Cost,Revenue

i can easily get the crosstab to generate the total costs, but I need to be able to include the Revenue generated from the case (which would only be in the GF3) and compare the difference betweeen the two. I am trying to avoid manual crosstabs because this will need to dynamically display the info for fiscal year and periods. I tried to put in manual formulas for the revenue which gives me the proper totals and using MAX on the crosstab but I do not see them in the crosstab expert

Crosstab needed

column: year, fiscal period
Row: Speciality,Total Cost & Total Revenue & Variance (same cell)

Any help would be appreciated

What formulas? If your calculation uses data from more than one detail line, then summary totals will not be allowed.

You make a reference to "GF3", but only show two levels.

You might consider using a subreport, if a crosstab can't be made to work. Put the totals in group footers. And maybe sum using variables.

If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.

PS. It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 2008 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks for the info,

The GF3 was a typo,should have been GF2. Cr2008

In the end I opted to do an extract into excel and teach the end user how to create pivot tables so she could easily isolate which cases are causing the most overages and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back