Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab Format Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindguy

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
US
I am creating a bunck of crosstabs as sub reports, but sometimes they are too wide and the data is not appearing.
Is there a way to tell the crosstab to either shrink to one page or to wrap the data below the first crosstab??
Thanks!

What version are you using? Are you using the wizard to create the sub reports? How are you deploying? Usually Cross Tabs create "virtual pages" that spill over when the data doesn't fit. I know of some issues that have been reported about the RAS SDK truncating the Virtual Pages.

Chris

I'm, using Crystal 8.5. To create them, I select insert then cross-tab. It pulls up the dialogue box and I add my fields, change the sort and group options then just drop it in the report.
Thanks for the help.

Are you sure you need to use subreports for the crosstabs? The subreport is what is preventing the virtual pages.

If your column field has consistent results from report run to report run, you can create a group based on the column fields which limits the number of columns. If they are sequential numbers, you can use a formula like:

if {table.colfield} in 1 to 8 then 1 else 2

Or, if your columns are, e.g., A,D,H,L,R,S,V,Z, you could use:

if {table.colfield} in ["A" to "L"] then 1 else 2

Then insert a group on this formula and place the crosstab in the group header or footer.

Your row totals will, of course, be limited to the members of the group instance.

-LB

I tried that and it worked great. I just use 2 crosstabs, one with a-m and another with o-z.
Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back