Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab average column

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrymeeow

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
ZA
Hi all,

I know that this is probably not an original problem, but I’ll ask it anyway. [noevil]

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an extra total column to a crosstab. I have a crosstab which is working perfectly for what my client wants except that they would like an average column after the grand total column on the right. This average column should be the grand total divided by the number of columns that are working days.

Does anyone know if this can be done? If I can’t do this in a crosstab then I will have to create some kind of mock crosstab that won’t be as dynamic. [sadeyes]

Any response will be greatly appreciated. [thumbsup]

You are correct, it can't be done in a true cross-tab.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Oh no, that is really bad news. [cry]

Can you tell me if there is a way to create virtual pages if not using a crosstab.

The formulas page on my web site describes how to create a manual cross-tab, which allows you to add whatever columns you like, however the columns are each hard-coded.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Sadly this will not help me as I can never know how many rows and columns there will be in the report. [curse]

But thanks for your help anyway. Guess I'll have to consult my client and try and twist their arm a bit to have the average in the footer of the report. [yawn]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back