Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstab and multiple datasource

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurentS

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
BE
Hi,

I have multiple datasources defined in a actuate library (thus not directly in my report).
When I insert a crosstab and go in the crosstab builder, i have no "available data" in the list :/
Is it possible to configure something to obtain the list? or another way in the crosstab builder?

In fact, I have the same problem in the expression builder...

Thanks for your responses

Hi Laurent,

I don't have a solution, rather I would like your help. I noticed that you said that you have multiple datasources defined. I have been trying to do the same thing, but by using an xml configuration file, as given in the Actuate documentation. The contents of the xml file is given below:

<Config>
<Runtime>
<ConnectOptions Type="AcOracleConnection">
<Property PropName="Username">MyUser</Property>
<Property PropName="Password">MyPassword</Property>
<Property PropName="DBInterface">acorcl90</Property>
<Property PropName="HostString">mySID</Property>
</ConnectOptions>
</Runtime>
</Config>

This works fine, but if I try to add another datasource, it does not work. I have tried various options, like repeating the runtime tab, but nothing works. Could you help me out with how to have multiple datasources defined in this file? Or if there is another better way, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance,
Sree

I've tried your solution but it doesn't work, i have always "no data available" in my crosstab, expression builder or query editor.
For you, with this solution, can you select some data row in that? or have you something in "field list"??

For multiple data sources, i've a data source defined in my report content and two others in a library. This librabry is included in my report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back