Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crossfire SuperMedPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladylumps

Programmer
Apr 24, 2006
US
I'm getting quotes on TN2602 boards for CM 3.1.4 PBX. I want them licensed for 320 transactions per board. Should there be a charge for the board only or should there be an additional charge to add licenses to the PBX. I have partners telling me conflicting info on how the charges are incurred. [sadeyes]

jazzyjo

It may have changed, but when I bought mine it was NPL of 20k for license and 5K for board.

In 3.x there were two seperate charges, one for the TN2602 board ($5K) and the license for the board; either 80 or 320. The 320 license was around $20K. In 4.0 Avaya eliminated the seperate licensing. You can only buy the board with the 320 license ($25K NPL).

Kevin

I'm upgrading to 3.1.4, so at that version, I should still have pretty large charges, right? [pipe]

jazzyjo

My latest quote on a CM4.0 system is $20,000 each NPL for the board and the 320 licenses.

gblucas

Avaya has changed the licenses for the TN2602. It use to be a board cost and a license cost. Now it is just one charge a little less that the two charges old charges combined. The new pricing is avaialbe for 3.x and up.
They are not cheap, just bought 32 of them.

with the licensing issue..will that be resolved in 5.0 and are they really worth the costs is you look at real resources as in phones vs. clans?

Not sure what you are refering to as the licensing issue. Avaya has modified the way they are sold, now only sold as 320 licenses and includes the board. The big difference is that they can handle 320 calls per board instead of the 64 uncompressed calls or 32 compressed calls on the TN2302 medpro.

These boards are the replacement for the Expansion interface baords between port networks and in large IP shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back