Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-talk issues on IP500

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphoneguy24

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
Has anyone else had any systems experience cross-talk on analog lines?

I have one customer that has a new IP500v2 unit with 2 combo cards, DS 8 card, and a ETR card (Yes its a Partner version :( )

They claim they have cross-talk. We have check the lines at DMARC and they seem okay.

I can't hear any voices in the back ground but I can hear faint touch-tones if someone is dialing on another line.

Here is the results I had:

Slot 1 - Combo card
If on Line 1, you can hear faintly the TTs from someone dialing on L2 or vice versa, can't seem to hear any TTs on L1 or L2 if someone is dialing on L3 or L4.

If on L3, you can hear faintly the TTs from someone dialing on L4 or vice versa, can't seem to hear any TTs on L3 or L4 if someone is dialing on L1 or L2.

Seems like maybe a hardware issue with the ATM card or the Combo card.

The IP500v2 was just installed and has been already changed out because of the "whooshing sound" issue and up/down volume issues with the analog lines.

Does sound like hardware, bet this customer is really impressed with the IPO he has just purchased :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I have had this same issue with an IP500 V2 7.0(5)

We replaced all the cross connect, the cabinet, the cards, the ground and pairs coming in.

We originally had two combo cards and went to two DS8's with ATM4U's on it.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Why on earth put in an IPO as Partner version?
It is called muppet mode and that is not because it is great :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Uh-oh!!!

Hi -24 and -1983. I feel your pain - same issue.

Just installed an IP500 V2 7.0(5) with 2 TCM-8 digital cards, each with an ATM-4 analog trunk module.

Intercom calls are crystal clear.
Incoming callers have not reported any audio problems.

-BUT-

If you are quiet on a trunk call, you can sometimes hear people dialing (DTMF tones), and sometimes hear other people talking - so bad a couple times they could identify who was on the phone call.

They are also getting scratchy or staticy audio, or some echo - one guy said his calls sounded like a $5 refurbished phone.

Bad ATM-4s? Bad lot / manufacturing prob?

Anyone heard anything???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back