Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross-Tab Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjmoffitt

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I am creating a cross-tab report. The column headings are "Inventory Family" and the Rows are "Reason Code". The summarized field is the count/total of the data where Inventory Family and Reason Code equal the column and row heading. I need to include with the summarized field, a percentage. The percentage is total by Reason Code and Inventory Family / Total Row Count. The report would look like the following:
Code:
REASON   I         K         M 
 402     5 18.5%   3 11.1%   7 25.9%
 403     6 22.2%   4 14.8%   2 7.5% 
TOTAL    11        7         9

I think I need to use a formula that calculates the Total by Reason Code & Inventory Family and another calculation for the Total Row Count. Does anyone know how to develop the formula within a Cross Tab report?

Unfortunately, you can't.

You can do this with manual cross-tab described in my FAQ on commong formulas (faq149-243) but you have to have static columns. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

I would create the totals in my main report using formulas.
Then you can add the formulas to either the row or column in the crosstab, then suppress the formula field in the main report or suppress the entire main report if you only want the cross tab to show.
Kathie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back