Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Tab not suppressing section expert formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

skijop

Programmer
May 4, 2007
US
I am not able to suppress the counts in my cross tab for a formula called @pack. I am suppressing them successfully by using the section expert in the detail line (@pack = "other") BUT the numbers are still be shown in the cross tab that i have in the report header. I do not want them to show up bc they are messing up the totals...How can I use the same suppression on the cross tab? I tried adding the section expert suppression to the report header, but it makes my cross tab disappear.
THANKS!!!

If you want to eliminate them from both the crosstab and the report, use a record selection formula like:

{@pack} <> "other"

Or better yet, use the content of {@pack} in the record selection formula.

-LB

Thanks, Now I have the correct numbers BUT the percentages are not adding up(I put a summary field under the row count for %) The bottom total line says 100% but the other three for example say 38%, 17%, 44% which equals 99%. I right clicked on it and tried to format it but I didnt have any luck. Maybe it isnt taking into account the decimals??

These might be 38.33, 17.33, and 44.34. The results are not incorrect, but instead reflect rounding. Percentages in crosstabs have no decimals. To display the percentage with decimals, create a formula:

1 % count({@pack})

Use the sum of this formula in the crosstab instead of the percentage. Then click on the % icon in the toolbar.

-LB

My @pack formula is as follows:

if ({Command.sequence} = 13 and {Command.std_assess_id} = 11569) then "Priority Pack" else
if ({Command.sequence} = 27 and {Command.std_assess_id} = 11569) then "Welcome Pack" else
if ({Command.sequence} = 51 and {Command.std_assess_id} = 11569) then "Financial Pack" else
if ({Command.sequence} = 26 and {Command.std_assess_id} = 11570) then "Readmission Pack"

So you can see that I have 4 columns in the cross tab. By using the 1% and sum on the crosstab, it does in fact give me correct %'s but you have to add up all 4 columns and 3 rows worth of %'s to get 100%. I would like eachof my 3 row column's to show 100% in the total line at the bottom. Is there a way to do this...?

Please identify the row fields and the summary field and type of summary in the crosstab. I'm assuming that {@pack} is your only column field. Also identify your CR version.

-LB

Row field - formula {@admit}
Summary field - count of client_id
Cr version 10

You should be able to add count of client_id twice as a summary, and the second time, check "Show as a percentage of: Total count of Client_ID->From: Row.

I'm guessing this feature is available in the edit summary screen for crosstabs in CR 10.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back